Due to the last minute addition of a few teams the schedules have been slightly delayed. All Associations are working diligently to finish the schedule and clear the coaches conflicts. We anticipate releasing the schedule Sunday evening.
Spring Season Notes
A Couple of Spring Season Notes:
- The Spring Season will begin on Saturday, February 13th. The Schedule should be available around February 5th. The coordination of working with 5 associations and resolving coaching conflicts takes more time than you think.
- We do NOT have access to the Bob Wiseman Lake Park Soccer complex for the Spring Season, Lewisville is renovating the park. We hope that we will have the park back for the fall season but the construction timeline depends on the weather. Because of the loss of Lake park we have added a U9/U10 field at Bakersfield Park, two at Chinn Chapel, and one more at Railroad. These fields are replacing existing fields at all complexes so expect all games to run longer during the day for all age groups U7 and above.
- The U14G division will be playing NMCSL which will begin their season on 2/20, U15 and above will not begin play until 3/19.
- GLASA day at Dicks Sporting Goods will be Saturday, February 6th.
Womens National Team Game Tickets Available
As a part of our relationship with FC Dallas, GLASA was able to purchase 12 tickets for each of the three Women's Nation team games coming up in February.
The tickets are located in the 5th row of section 108 and GLASA is selling them to GLASA coaches for a cost of $75 each (Our Cost). If you are interested in buying the seats the information is below.
- Tickets will only be sold in groups of 4 seats for $300 ($75 each)
- If more than 3 people are interested in buying seats for a game, a drawing will be held to determine who gets to buy them.
- Games Schedule is:
Wednesday, Feb 10th at 7:30pm
Saturday, Feb 13th at 3:00pm
Monday, Feb 15th at 7:30pm
- All ticket requests must be received via email only to the GLASA office by end of day Sunday, Feb 7th
- No GLASA game schedule accommodations will be made
Dick's GLASA Discount Coupons
Dick's Sporting Goods is please to offer GLASA Appreciation Day on Saturday, February 6th.
On this special day all GLASA families will save an additional 20% off almost everything in the store. CLICK HERE to download the Shop Day Flyer.
Spring 2016 Referee Meeting
The pre-season 2016 Spring Referee Meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 10th at 7:00 PM sharp until 9:00 PM at the Lewisville Civic Center in the Meeting Room.
This is a very important meeting as we will cover items that you will need to perform as a referee:
- New Head Injury Procedures
- New Law changes
- Game Officials information
- Field Changes
Adult CO-ED Soccer Registration is Open for Spring 2016
The fall season of adult co-ed soccer is now open for registration. Games will be played on Fridays and a couple of Wednesday nights starting in February. All teams will be co-ed with an equal number of women and men on the field (not including the Keeper). Registration Fee is $75 per player and includes all Referee Fees. Other leagues are more expensive and DO NOT include the Referee fees which must be paid at the field.Click Here to REGISTER NOW
2016 Carey Invitational Tournament
GLASA would like to invite your team to play in the 35th annual Carey Invitational Soccer Tournament. This tournament plays May 6th - 8th and is a great way to wrap up your spring season and includes brackets for Recreational as well as Academy and Competitive teams. GLASA will be offering brackets for current age and calendar age classifcations.
For more information CLICK HERE
Spring 2016 Referee Clinics
GLASA would like to announce the dates for the spring Referee Clinics for anyone interested in becoming a Soccer Official. The first 25 seats in each clinic are reserved for GLASA residents which will require an override code for the registration. Contact email@example.com for the override code to reserve your seat, please include your address and mobile phone number in the email.
Grade 8 Basic Referee Clinic
- When: Saturday, February 6, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Must be 13 years old by February 6, 2016
- The New Grade 8 is a combination on-line and in-clinic course. The on-line portion MUST be completed at least 24 hours prior to the clinic start date/time.
- New Grade 8 Basic Referees will be allowed to work lines or middles in U9 through U16 games (as determined by the referee assignor). They can also referee small-sided / single-referee games (U4 to U8)
- Click here to register
British Challenger Soccer Camps
British Soccer Camp is coming back for a Spring Break Soccer Camp
Register for the one week British Challenger Soccer Camp taking place March 7th - 11th in partnership with GLASA!
Please see below the registration link and program information for the camp. CLICK HERE.
Challenger Sports Spring Development Program
Join Challenger every Tuesday night from March 15th - May 3rd for the Player Development Program. This program is designed for player 5-16 of all abilities and will include technical development, fun games and scrimmages. All coaches are qualified within the UEFA Licensing System
For more information or to register please CLICK HERE.
For more information or if you are interested in a team camp, contact George Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org